“Most people have no idea of the giant capacity we can immediately command when we focus all of our resources on mastering a single area of our lives.”
Sometimes getting focused is the most difficult thing any of us can do. It requires practice because it demands training of your most important muscle… your brain. Below are the Branding Sweets tips for getting and staying focused:
- Do one thing at a time. If you try to do too many things at once, it is almost impossible to master any one thing. You will end up good at a lot of things but great at nothing. Work on one thing at a time and finish it before you move on to the next thing.
- Don’t get discouraged by other people’s opinions. People will give you advice even if you didn’t ask for it. That is ok. Most people truly want you to do well and want to help. Just make sure to filter all advice you receive. Know that your dreams are yours. That is why you have them. Everyone won’t understand. You should move forward anyway.
- Do write your goals down. The exercise of writing (not typing) commits things to memory and helps to program your brain. Rewrite and reread your goals often. Memorize them and then write them down again.
- Do spend quiet time in thought. The world moves fast. Between work, school, the television, the internet, your blackberry, your iPhone, the apps on your iPhone, your spouse, your children, your parents, etc… etc… etc… when do you ever have a quiet moment to just be? Make the time.
- Do read. Feed your brain, feed your spirit, feed your mind with information to help it grow. Read other people’s ideas about the brand you want to build. Feel stressed out? Read something silly to make yourself laugh. Want to learn something new? Read the infinite amount of information on the internet. Reading trains your brain. Besides, you might just enjoy yourself.
- Don’t worry. You’ll get there!
What do you do to help yourself focus?